This collection of amazing vegan breakfast recipes for mom is obviously in honor of Mother’s Day. But really, doesn’t mom deserve a special breakfast (in bed perhaps) every month of the year?
All of the recipes for mom below are dairy-free and vegan, and many are also gluten-free, soy-free, and/or top food allergy-friendly. Plus, most of these breakfast delights are great for kids and relatively easy to prepare. But it wouldn’t hurt if dad decided to help out in the kitchen – now would it?
Enjoy, and if you have more well-loved vegan breakfast recipes for mom feel free to share them in the comments for this post. Links are welcomed!
Special Vegan Pancake & Waffle Recipes for Mom
- The Best Best Gluten-Free Vegan Pancakes – Yes, these really are the best (IMO)!
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes – I’ve tested these pancakes every which way, for nearly every dietary need, because everyone should get to enjoy this indulgence!
- Bisquick Banana Blueberry Pancakes – If you have dairy-free baking mix on hand, then this is the easy recipe for you!
- Orange Spice Pancakes – Unlike most pancake recipes, this one is oil-free and virtually fat-free.
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes – Served these pancakes with fresh strawberries, and you’ll win her heart.
- Chef Jason’s Maple Walnut Pancakes – The pancake recipe itself is quite simple, but the topping makes it special.
- Wholesome Hazelnut Pancakes – This is a simple vegan pancake recipe with a hazelnut topper.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Pancakes – Chocoholic moms will love this chocolate infused stack with peanut butter topping and (of course) chocolate.
- Classic Waffles – Aquafaba works its magic in these simple vegan waffles.
- Gluten-Free Vegan Belgian Waffles – Though they have a traditional taste and texture, these have been made both gluten-free and egg-free with whole food ingredients.
- Healthy Morning Waffles – These vegan waffles are infused with wholesome ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
- Masala Chai Waffles – This is a spot on Mother’s Day recipe made with an incredible infusion of spices.
- Peaches & Cream Waffle Bites – Use homemade or cheat with store-bought vegan waffles, either way, these are a fun, pretty little breakfast treat.
- Gluten-Free Vegan Yogurt Waffles – This recipe was created by Sarah Bakes Gluten Free, so it’s bound to be a real treat.
Quick & Easy Pancakes
Use your favorite pancake or waffle mix, but substitute dairy-free milk beverage (or even water) for the liquid. If the directions call for eggs, use my guide on How to Substitute Eggs. Most of the options will work well with pancakes. In fact, if the mix is wheat-based, you might be able to simply add more liquid and omit the eggs.
Baked Good Recipes for Mom
- Matcha Latte Mini Muffins – I simply adore these iced little green tea muffins.
- Double the Cinnamon Rolls – These are the best cinnamon rolls EVER!
- Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal – These hearty and comforting slices are a nutritious way to show you care.
- Vanilla Chocolate Chip Muffin Tops – These are made on a baking sheet – no special pan is required!
- Wild Blueberry Scones – Can’t go to Panera? Then bring Panera to mom!
- Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies – This recipe is easily a fan favorite.
- No Rise Cinnamon Rolls – No yeast, no problem. These speedy rolls are yeastless, eggless, and dairyless!
- Strawberry Love Muffins – Nothing says you care like these sweet berry muffins.
- Vanilla Baked Donuts with Raspberry Icing – Your mother won’t believe the beautiful hue of these gluten-free donuts!
- Mini Maple French Toast Casseroles – This delicious dish is so easy, yet so impressive.
- Sweet Blueberry Drop Biscuits – These are like an indulgent scone, but without the fuss.
- Cinnamon Toasties Bread – This gluten-free, allergy-friendly recipe is from famed baker, Erin McKenna.
- Strawberry Shortcake Donuts – Homemade baked vanilla donuts are topped with coconut whip and strawberries – yum!
- Blueberry Pancake Bread – She can even poor maple syrup on this gluten-free quick bread – we won’t tell!
- Wholesome Apple Cinnamon Scones – A personal favorite from my kitchen to all the whole grain-loving moms out there!
- Cappuccino Mini Muffins – Double down on her breakfast favorites with these sweet bites.
- Grandma’s Buttermylk & Honey Bread – Bring her thick slices of this lightly sweet bread with jam, vegan butter, and freshly brewed coffee.
- Apple Almond Crunch Muffins – These gluten-free baked treats have bakery appeal.
- Cinnamon Bun Bread – Oh my. And yes, it can be made gluten free.
Mix it Up
If from-scratch vegan baking makes you nervous, look for vegan mixes from brands like Cherrybrook Kitchen, Foodstirs, Miss Jones, and Madhava. Even Duncan Hines has many vegan mixes. If they call for eggs, you can use our Egg Substitute Guide.
Bodacious Beverage Recipes for Mom
- Spanish Latte – Giver her a coffeehouse experience with this delicious, pretty latte.
- Peach Melba Sunset Smoothie (pictured above) – Stunning yet oh so simple.
- Coconut Chai Smoothie – This special blend is just a little indulgent for her special day.
- Papaya Mango Mylkshake with Raspberry Puree – She can sip or spoon the layers of creamy, fruity bliss.
- Carrot Smoothie Bowls – This Frozen delight is sweet, healthy, and fun.
- Creamy Turmeric Smoothie – Show her your nutrition knowledge with this wonderful anti-inflammatory smoothie.
- Triple Berry Crisp Smoothie Parfait – She’ll enjoy the cool, creamy, and crispy layers of this spoonable smoothie.
- Blueberry Breakfast Smoothie – It’s hard to mess up this classic recipe.
- Pineapple Coconut Smoothie – Is mom craving a tropical vacation? Give her a warm-weather vibe with this sweet refresher.
- Light Coconut Milk Creamer – You can make a delicious DIY creamer that will last her all week!
- Chocolate, Chia, and Raspberry Acai Bowl – Because mom deserves chocolate for breakfast.
- Cosmic Coconut, Cranberry, and Cherry Smoothies – If the weather is warm in your area, this is one of my favorite breakfast chillers.
- Amazing Almond Protein Shake – For power moms – this is one of my personal favorites.
- Chocolate-Covered Cherry Shake – Despite the name, this indulgent bevie is totally breakfast-worthy.
- Keto Golden Milk – It’s warm, nourishing, and sugar-free. But she can sweeten it with her favorite sweetener if preferred.
Easy Homemade Hotties
My crew’s favorite easy hot chocolate is just toasty chocolate non-dairy milk. Heat on the stovetop or in a mug in the microwave for 90 seconds. If desired, top with vegan marshmallows before serving.
More Amazing Vegan Recipes for Mom
- Vegan Crepes with Homemade Chocolate Hazelnut Spread – Do you want to impress her? This is the recipe.
- Jumbo Triple Chocolate Mug Muffin – Make it in the microwave or oven. Either way, it’s sure to satisfy your chocoholic mom.
- Hashbrown Waffles – Try something different – waffle potatoes! They make a wonderful savory breakfast.
- Cinnamon-Buckwheat Vegan French Toast – Our recipes for mom wouldn’t be complete without a simple, nourishing French toast option.
- Vegan Benedict with Spiced Sweet Polenta (pictured below) – The hollandaise sauce on this treat is delicious and versatile!
- Maple & Brown Sugar Steel Cut Oatmeal and Griddle Cakes – Nothing says warm and comforting like this breakfast recipe.
- Cake Batter Protein Bars – If mom doesn’t have time for breakfast in bed, she’ll love these fun, protein-packed bars.
- Tofu Benedict – Want to really impress? Even the English muffins are homemade in this recipe! Vegan hollandaise sauce included.
- Dairy-Free Yogurt Mousse – Rich and delicious, yet totally nutritious.
- Apple Cinnamon Couscous – Did you forget about Mother’s Day? Don’t worry – you can whip up this delicious hot cereal in minutes.
- Veggie Quiche – Packed with vegetables, and yes, this recipe really is egg-free.
- Good for You Banana Split Parfaits – Banana splits for breakfast? Indeed.
- Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding with Fresh Fruit – Simple, unique, and scrumptious – but for chia seed lovers only.
- Super Easy Vegetable Quiche – Another egg-free variety, but with it’s own unique ingredients from the (more than) Tofu ‘n Sprouts mom!
Try your hand at homemade (it’s easy, I promise!) with these 10 Healthy Vegan Breakfast Cereals. Yes, 10 more fabulous healthy vegan breakfast recipes for mom! Enjoy hot and cold cereal recipes from rice pudding to homemade granola.